Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I love you, so why don't you love me back?

We all have these kinds of relationships in our lives. We love something so much, but it doesn't seem to want to return the favor. It could be a person, maybe a guy or girl that you're really into, but they don't seem to think you're as awesome as you would like to be actually are. Or maybe you're like me and you have this relationship with a beverage. That's right, a beverage is breaking my heart. I adore it, and it treats me very badly. What is this beverage that I have such a dysfunctional relationship with you ask. Coffee. I am crazy about coffee. I really love it. However, it refuses to love me back. It's such a selfish beverage, really. It's all or nothing with coffee. Either I drink it all the time, or it punishes me. We play those silly relationship games. I'll drink it all the time, then I won't for one reason or another, and it will get mad at me and make me feel horrible for an unspecified amount of time (I suppose the length of the punishment is based on how mad it is at me for ignoring it) then I'll get mad at it and won't drink it at all for a long time. But of course what happens in every great dysfunctional relationship? You guessed it. I'll start missing it so I'll call it up, start drinking it, and the vicious cycle has begun yet again. It's so off & on, back & forth. Coffee & I are like the Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush of beverage/person relationships. I've got to find a happy medium. I'm too old to be playing these games. It shouldn't have to be all or nothing. I'm going to have to do some serious thinking on this matter. How can I have coffee in my life without letting it make me feel terrible if I don't give it all the attention it thinks it deserves?

1 comment:

  1. From one coffee-obsessed lady to another...don't give up on that relationship. It can be a loving, mutually satisfying love affair if you'll stop neglecting it and drink it everyday. Come on Stacy...everyone's doing it.

    ReplyDelete