Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello Blogging World

Well, I have decided to begin a blog. I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon for a few different reasons. The main reason being that I seem to have a lot more time on my hands than I'm used to having. Because of this I think I'll have more time to devote to a blog than I would have had in the past. However, I'm not sure if I am going to do all this blogging stuff correctly. I feel pretty sure that I should be doing something differently even as I type this. I will figure it out eventually, but if my first few (or hundred) posts are wrong, or bizarre, just bear with me...I simply don't know what I'm doing (I know its not hard, but trust me if anyone can mess this up I will!).

I decided to name, or call (or whatever) my blog The Blessings of an Ordinary Life because of a woman that I go to church with. Recently this woman was getting ready to lead the closing prayer of a ladies class, and she talked for just a few minutes about how blessed she was to have had an ordinary day. She had been able to wake up, enjoy her coffee, go to work like she always does, and basically just have an ordinary day. She then went into several things she didn't have to face that day (none of which were pleasant) and listening her describe the blessing of an ordinary day really struck a chord with me, and everyday since then when I am doing all the ordinary things that I do everyday I have taken the time to think about how blessed I am to be able to enjoy the blessings that come with just having an ordinary day.

This is probably more for me than for anyone else because I can't imagine that anyone else (other than a few grandparents that come to mind) would really care that much about what is going on with us. That being said, o'well. It seems like fun, and even if no one else out there is interested I think that my kids are pretty fantastic, and this will give me an excuse to go through pictures (which I love to do) and think about all the wonderfully ordinary (yet extraordinary to me) things they do each day!

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit...I have a blog too:) No one has ever read it before. It's super boring. Yours is very good! Thanks for sharing and I'll be checking back regularly, so entertain me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I am so excited to get to read about you! I'll try to find you the person who helped with mine and several other bloggers I know. She is free and does whatever you want. Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I will be sending you a facebook message on how to snazz the blog up (if you want). I am SO glad you are doing this. I LOVE blogging and blog stalking. I think you will be a pro at this because you are so darn funny. I am adding you to my blog list...hope you don't mind. Also, the Fergusons are on my blog list it you want to add them to yours.

    ReplyDelete